Chicken breast is covered with salsa and seasonings and cooked in the slow cooker, to yield a delicious and flavorful meal.
This Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken is one of my very favorite dishes on my website. It’s so easy to make, and the chicken turns out incredibly juicy and full of flavor every time.
This recipe only requires about five minutes of prep time, and then your slow cooker does the rest. Serve with tortilla chips or whole wheat tortillas, throw in a vegetable on the side, and done! It’s perfect for busy days or when you just don’t feel like cooking.
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- 5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar (about 2 cups) salsa (Tostitos Restaurant Style salsa is my favorite. You could also try homemade; if you are using homemade salsa without salt added, you may need to add a little salt to the dish.)
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (optional)
Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Stir together seasonings in small bowl and sprinkle over chicken. Pour salsa over top. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until chicken is cooked through. (Time will vary depending on your slow cooker. Mine takes about 3 1/2 hours). Using two forks, shred chicken inside of cooker and stir gently to combine well with sauce.
Serve over tortillas or tortilla chips and sprinkle with cheese if desired.
~K in the Kitchen